Monday, September 29, 2014

Blog Post #6

What I learned from these conversations with Anthony Capps?
By: Chelsea Powers

Project based learning

I learned a lot by watching the interviews that Dr. Strange and Anthony Capps had done. I was truly amazed at some of the things that Anthony had his third grade students doing. I do not remember doing any type of projects like this when I was this age. I also like how he associates real life situations in his curriculum. I also learned that everything does not always go as planned in the classroom when you are teaching. There are so many resources you can use as a teacher to help you in the classroom. I also learned how important it is to find something that engages students to learn the material. Anthony Capps seems like a very devoted, caring, teacher that loves teaching. We need more teachers like this in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Minimal commentary. What videos did you watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I agree, I don't remember doing any of these types of projects either, but I hope to incorporate some into my classroom. You are right not everything goes to plan in the classroom, but with resources today almost anything can be altered or fixed. Best of luck with your future classes!

    ReplyDelete