Monday, September 1, 2014

Blog Post #2

What Will Teaching in the 21st Century be Like??
By: Chelsea Powers

Teaching in the twenty first century
Photo Source: Google Images

Professor Dancelot

The video "Professor Dancelot" sends the message of not having adequate resources for teaching in the 21st century. Sitting in a classroom with a teacher and a power point presentation does not fulfill the teaching requirements that are needed for students to learn the material that is being taught. When it was time for students to take a test on the different dances they all were clueless. This is why it is so important for students to have the opportunity to learn hands on in a fun environment.

Teaching in the 21st century

What will be the roll of teachers in the 21st century? The author demonstrates the importance of
teachers and how they will teach their students. I use Google everyday. If I do not know something where else do you look but Google. It was not until I started taking EDM310 that there was so much more to Google besides just a search engine. Dr. Strange taught me how to utilize Google even outside the classroom. I believe the author of this video is teaching us as future teachers that we do not have to know everything in order to be a teacher, but utilize our skills and teach students to find the answer and use all the available resources.

Who's ahead in the learning race?

When technology comes into play i would have to say elementary children are definitely on top of the game. It is amazing to me of how quickly they catch on to things. I am most definitely on the lower end of learning when it comes to technology.

Flipping the classroom

I have not heard of "Flipping the classroom" until now. I think this is a great idea! This gives students an idea of what they will be learning the next day and prepare them for the material that they will be learning. I also believe this is a good example of No more "Burp Back Education".

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea,
    I think that you made an excellent point about Google. I rarely use it for anything other than 'googling' little facts to settle arguments. Being in EDM 310 has really opened my eyes to new ways to use Google. I especially enjoy using Google Docs, it is so neat to see our classmates working on projects with us over the internet!
    I also agree that elementary students are ahead of the learning race. The other day in my EDU 330 class, Mrs. Holland said that if you need to figure out something involving technology to ask a child. I remember teaching my dad how to use his phones and now I even have to ask my nephews to show me how to use my cell phone or a new cool gaming system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...sends the message of not having adequate resources for teaching in the 21st century." Really? I do not think that was the thesis of the author at all.

    "What will be the roll of teachers…" role, not roll

    What about Vicki Davis?

    What about the networked Student?

    "into play i would have" I, not i

    Incomplete. Missing 2 of the required reviews.

    ReplyDelete